Notice for the New Students of the Chinese Language Major of the Chinese Language and Culture College of Huaqiao University
(The Second Semester of 2017-2018 Academic Year)
Hello! Congratulations! You are going to become a new student of Huaqiao University. Before you set foot on the study road, please carefully read the following notice for new students.
I. Body Examination
In order to study in China healthily, please have a body examination at your local formal hospital. There is a Body Examination Form for Foreigners among all the files that we have given to you, and you must offer that form when you go to your local Chinese embassy or consulate to apply for a study visa (XI).
When you come to our college, please bring your Body Examination Form for Foreigners provided by hospital, X-ray film, blood examination record, and so on, otherwise you have to have a body examination again in a local Chinese health organization.
After arriving at our college, you are required to hand in the above original document of your body examination report to Xiamen Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau to have a recheck. You will obtain a Health Examination Certificate, which will cost you 60RMB.
If you did not have a body examination in your own country, you are required to have a body examination in Xiamen Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau, which will cost you 530RMB.
II. Transacting Visa
We suggest you start transacting a visa when you receive the Admission Notice. Please contact your local Chinese embassy or consulate to confirm the documents that should be handed in, such as the size and quantity of your photo, whether a passport copy is needed or not, whether the Body Examination Form for Foreigners is needed or not, whether other documents and certifications are needed or not, and so on.
Please go to Chinese embassy or consulate to apply for a study visa (XI Visa) with your Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202 Form) and other necessary documents required by the embassy or consulate.
XI visa must be changed into Residence Permit within 30 days after entering China, so please do not enter China too early, which will prevent your visa from expiring. We suggest you enter China between Sept.4, 2017 and Sept.9, 2017, and then come to the Chinese Language and Culture College of Huaqiao University to transact the registration procedures.
If you applied for the study visa a little late or you totally have no time to do that, you could apply for a tourist visa, with which you can come to Xiamen, China; but that must be on the condition that you must inform us in advance, and gain our permission. If you come to Xiamen without our permission, we would not help you extend your visa’s validity period and transact residence permit procedures.
III. Airport Pickup and Arrival
After going through the visa application procedures, we suggest you book a flight ticket which will make you arrive in Xiamen between Sept.4, 2017 and Sept.9, 2017. Please inform us after you have successfully booked the ticket, which will be convenient for us to arrange for airport pickup service.
If you do not need airport pickup, we suggest you come to the Chinese Language and Culture College of Huaqiao University by taxi. You can show the taxi driver our college address: No.8, Jiageng Road, Jimei District, Xiamen City (beside the dragon boat pool of Jimei School Village).It will take you about 20 minutes and about 30RMB from Xiamen International Airport to our college by taxi.
The average temperature of Xiamen is 21 degrees Celsius. In our college, supermarket, dining hall, playground, and other living facilities are all available, so you do not need to take too much commodity, such as thick and heavy clothes, quilt, and so on.
IV. Fees Payable
1. Registration Fees: 500RMB;
2. Teaching Material Fees: about 600RMB/academic year;
3. Tuition Fees: 14000-15000RMB/academic year;
4. Accommodation Fees: 5600RMB/person/academic year for a standard room;
2400RMB/person/academic year for a quad room.
Certain foreign bank cards (e.g. VISA, MASTER CARD) can be used to withdraw 2000RMB at most per day. In order to go through the registration procedures smoothly, we suggest you apply for a bank card with the symbol of “Union Pay” before you come to China, which can be used for paying all items of fees after arriving at our college and other daily expense too.
In order to be convenient for you to come to our college to study and live, we suggest you bring about 2000RMB cash about you, and prepare for some small change as part of the 2000RMB. When you arrive at our college, you’d better apply for a bank card of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China near our college, which is convenient for your family relatives to send money to you for your daily expenses, and so on.
Our College RMB Account Information:
Beneficiary Unit: The Chinese Language and Culture College of Huaqiao University
Beneficiary Bank: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Jimei, Xiamen Branch
Account No.: 4100020109024916815
Foreign Currency Remittance-Linked Line Number: 102393000108
Our college offers accommodation from Sept.4, and there are two kinds of dormitories, standard room and quad room. The dormitory is equipped with air conditioner, water heater, private bathroom, washing machine, and so on. We do not offer bedding articles, so please bring your owns, or buy them in our college supermarket, which are about 200RMB for one set.
According to the demands of Chinese Education Department, foreign students, who are going to study in China for over one semester, must buy the foreign students team insurance against comprehensive risks. Our college suggests buying foreign students insurance against comprehensive risks, about 100RMB/year.
New Students Registration Procedures
Registration Date: Sept.4, 2017
Registration Address: Admission Office of the Chinese Language and Culture College of Huaqiao University. (Room No.104, Building No.1, the Chinese Language and Culture College, No.8, Jiageng Road, Jimei District, Xiamen, Fujian Province, China).
Contacts: Teacher Zheng, Teacher Zhang, Tel:0086-592-6068011
Required Documents: passport, Admission Notice, Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202), 10 two-inch photos, original body examination report, related education background certificate or HSK certificate, original bank receipt is required if students have payed for tuition fees.
1. Admission Office (Room No.104, Building No.1): Hand in Admission Notice, copies of the first page and the visa page of passport; arrange class and issue registration receipt.
2. Administration Center of Students Community (Room No. 102, Building No.4): Go to Administration Center of Students Community to apply for a dormitory room with the registration receipt, and after stamping the copies of the first page and the visa page of passport in the administration center, please go to local police station of Jimei School Village (in Physical Education College of Jimei University) to apply for a Foreigners Accommodation Registration Form.
3. Financial Office (Room No. 104, Building No.3): Go to Financial Office to pay for all items of fees with the registration receipt.
4.Admission Office (Room No.104, Building No.1): After paying the fees, please transact class arrangement procedures by the registration receipt (the white receipt) and the payment receipt.
5. Administration Center of Students Community (Room No. 102, Building No.4): After paying for all items of fees, please go to Administration Center of Students Community to ask for Accommodation Notice by the registration receipt (the red one), and give the Accommodation Notice to your dormitory building administrator to ask for your key to your own dormitory room.
6. Students Services Office (Room No.105, Building No.3): Apply for transacting residence permit procedures (about the details, please refer to the following text), and apply for transacting a campus E-card and student ID card with the assistance of your college student counselor.
7. Teaching Material Office: (Room No.102, Building No.16): After paying for the textbooks, you will get the invoice, and please go to the Teaching Material Office to claim for your textbooks with the invoice.
8. The Chinese Language Department: (Room No.202, Building No.16): Claim for the curriculum schedule, and prepare for having class on Sept.11.2017
厦门出入境检验检疫局国际旅行卫生保健中心 （International Travel Healthcare Center of Entry-exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau）
2、厦门市公安局出入境管理处（Entry & Exit Administration Office of Xiamen Public Security Bureau）
Transacting Residence Permit
New students can transact residence permit after paying for all items of fees and completing registration procedures, and the procedures are detailed as follows:
1. Students, holding XI visa, have obtained Admission Notice and JW202 form; new students, holding tourist visa, should go to Admission Office to claim for Admission Notice and JW202 form. If new students did not hand in the application form for admission in advance, until they come to our college to transact the registration procedures, then they will obtain their JW202 forms within 3 weeks.
2. After arranging the accommodation affairs, students should go to Administration Center of Students Community to stamp the copies of the first page and the visa page of their passports, and then go to local police station of Jimei School Village (in Physical Education College of Jimei University) to apply for a Foreigners Accommodation Registration Form. If students do not want to live in our college, they must go to local police station to fill in the Foreigners Accommodation Registration Form with passport, lease contract, copies of the landlord’s ID card and property ownership certificate, etc., which may be under the help of landlord.
3. Go to Xiamen Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau to make a body examination (keep empty stomach, take passport and three photos), and you will obtain the Health Certificate next day, which will cost you 530RMB. Students, who have already made a body examination before coming to Xiamen, please hand in your original body examination report to Xiamen Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau to make a rechecking. If qualified, students will obtain the Health Certificate, which will cost 60RMB. During the new students’ enrolling days, Students Services Office can organize new students to make a body examination together.
4. Please go to Students Services Office to ask teacher Yang for a Residence Permit Form by passport, tuition fees invoice, Foreigners Accommodation Registration Form, copy of Admission Notice, a copy of JW202 form (the yellow receipt) is required for those who use tourist visa, Health Certificate, and 3 two-inch photos. The extending period of the Residence Permit is the same with the valid period for which the tuition fees are paid; namely, if students pay for one semester tuition fees, they will obtain a period of half-a-year residence permit; if students pay for one academic year tuition fees, they will obtain a period of one-year residence permit.
5. Go to the Entry-Exit Administration of Xiamen Public Security Bureau (No.64-1, Zhenhai Road, opposite to Xiamen First Hospital, telephone number: 2262203) to transact residence permit procedures, and the expenses are 400RMB for a period from half a year to one year, and 800RMB for a period from over one year to two years. During new students’ enrolling days, Students Services Office can organize new students to go to the Entry-Exit Administration Office together to transact the relevant procedures.
6. Students, who have studied in our college for more than one semester, should remember the valid period of own Residence Permit. When it is going to expire, and students still want to continue studying, please pay the tuition fees for next semester, and go to Students Services Office to apply for transacting extension procedures.
7. If students, who have studied in our college for more than one semester, want to change a new passport, they can enter China by the old one when new semester starts, and after registration affairs and paying for the tuition fees, they can go to Students Services Office to apply for transacting a new passport Residence Permit by the old and the new passport. If students cannot enter China with the old passport, they can enter China by tourist visa, which can be obtained by a new passport, and when students transact registration procedures in Admission Office, they are required to hand in the copy of the new passport, and then apply for a new JW202 form, and after registration affairs and paying for the tuition fees, students can go to Students Services Office to apply for transacting a new passport residence permit by the old and the new passport.
Relative Organizations on Visa:
1. International Travel Healthcare Center of Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau
Office Hours: From Monday to Friday, 08:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00
Body Examination Requirements: passport, 3 photos, 530RMB, keep an empty stomach
Address: No.31, Jinding Road, Xiamen, behind the Health and Quarantine Office Building
Tel: 0592-5675915, 5675918, 5675896, 5675919(fax)
Remarks: Body examination can only be carried on in the morning, and the body examination report can be obtained on tomorrow afternoon; a foreign body examination report should be handed in to the Inspection and Quarantine Bureau to claim for a verification certificate (60RMB).
2. Entry-Exit Administration Office of Xiamen Public Security Bureau
Office Hours: From Monday to Friday, 08:00-11:45,
Address: No.64-1, Zhenhai Road, Xiamen (opposite to Xiamen First Hospital)
Tel: 0592-2262203, 2022329
Transportation: Take No.959 bus at Dragon Pool Station, and get down at Xiamen First Hospital Station.